Friday, April 12, 2013

Ooo! Ooo! Pick Me!

Pick me! Pick me!

(You can't see me right now, but I am raising my hand as far in the air as I can, waving it around, and bouncing up and down in my seat.)

As you can probably tell, my Skype call with the guys today went great! Besides some Skype technical difficulties in the beginning, everything went smoothly. They were so friendly and so easy to talk to, I think it seemed awkward for maybe the first nanosecond of the call. I'm so glad Austin was able to be here too, and it worked out that we were able to chat while my big girl was at school and my little girl was napping. The four of us talked for an hour and a half!

From what I can tell, their relationship seems a lot like mine and Austin's. They were lovingly playful and teasing of each other, and seemed to have a solid friendship as the base of their relationship. We all four seemed to get along great, and they are definitely the kind of people we could see ourselves being friends with. We seemed to all be on the same page, and very flexible and laid back in our visions of the surrogacy.

My favorite part was when one of the guys asked a personal question about our sex life while being pregnant. We didn't blush at all, but the other guy looked so embarrassed. :) I was happy to answer any questions they had, so I'm glad he felt comfortable asking!

Towards the end of our call, one of the guys "introduced" me to his brother and his future sister-in-law by taking the computer into another room. I loved it. :)

Apparently, I'm going to have an overuse of smiley faces in this post. :)

I let the social worker know right away (like the second I got off of Skype) that we definitely felt like they were a "match" for us! I hope they feel the same way! I shared with them my blog website, so they could check things out and make sure they felt comfortable with me blogging about our journey together. So in case they're reading this...hi guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment