Sunday, April 28, 2013

Small Town Girl

I've spent most of today trying to prepare for our medical screening trip on Tuesday! We took a quick trip over to my sister's house to borrow some luggage for the traveling we will be doing during this surrogacy. Last summer, we took our first big family trip (a 6 hour drive) to South Carolina, and this was our luggage...



Clearly I can't use reusable grocery bags this time, and I certainly can't walk through a New York airport wearing my NASCAR Sprint Cup backpack...I might as well write "SMALL TOWN GIRL" on my forehead with a Sharpie. We borrowed a suitcase from my sister, and now I am trying to figure out what to wear on the plane and while we're in CT. It will be in the mid-80's when we leave Florida on Tuesday, and apparently about 25 degrees cooler in CT when we land. I'm going to have to dig out my socks from the far back corner of my dresser drawer, because I don't think my usual flip flops will suffice!

While Skyping with the guys this morning, they really encouraged us to try and see a little bit of New York while we are up there (so sweet of them!). They made it sound so easy..."just take the train!" I have never been on a city bus, subway, train, in a train station, or even in a taxi. So while all of this is really exciting for us, it's slightly terrifying and overwhelming too! Plus, how on earth am I supposed to decide what we want to see in New York, when we only have a few hours?! I guess we're just going to do our best to see what we can, have fun, and try not to get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment