Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

You know that song is stuck in your head now. You're welcome!

So after a few revisions, Austin and I signed the final contract and FedEx'ed all 37 pages of it to the legal department at Circle Surrogacy!


I texted J&S this picture and said "Know what that is?! That's a signed final contract, on its way to Circle!!!" It made me smile to get a text back from them almost immediately, with their own picture of their contract and a message saying, "Do you know what this is! A signed contract on the way! :)"

But now we wait. Sigh.

Apparently, the egg donor is still in her medical screening process, and the guys have a separate contract they will sign with her.

Hurry up, Miss Egg Donor!

Just kidding! (Not really.)

Once all of that is complete, then the IVF clinic can start to sync my cycle with hers, using a calendar they create for medications and an estimated embryo transfer date. I have no idea how long it will take before we get our calendar. Originally, the IVF clinic thought we might do a transfer as early as the first week of July, but I don't think that will be the case. So now I'm worried about the date. I'm crossing my fingers that our transfer trip doesn't fall anywhere in between August 9th and September 14th. My niece has her birthday party that she's counting on me to help with, my daughters have their first day of school in August (the little one is starting VPK preschool), and then my husband and I will be swamped with coordinating our special needs daughter's fundraising fishing tournament on September 14th. I know that being a surrogate means I will have to make sacrifices and will likely miss some important events, but I really hope it all works out!

1 comment: