Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Numbers. And more waiting.

Well, I have finished all the prescribed medications.


So after...


35 days...
70 prenatal vitamins...
50 Estradiol pills...
28 Lupron injections...
7 Provera pills...
7 birth control pills...
4 transvaginal ultrasounds...
and 4 blood draws...


...my canceled cycle is officially completed. 

Now we just wait for my period to arrive. Also known as Aunt Flo--or AF--in Surrogacy/IVF lingo. Once AF starts, I will let the doctor know and we can begin to plan our new cycle. I guess J&S talked to our IVF doctor, and he wants to try a natural cycle with me this time. Basically this means we'll let my body do what it's supposed to do on its own, as opposed to attempting to control it with medications. This wasn't an option before because we were trying to sync my cycle with the egg donor's so we could do a fresh transfer.

The guys said the egg donor did not have an awesome number of eggs retrieved. Average is 15, and she had 9, with 5 of those being good quality. Fortunately, ALL FIVE eggs became embryos, so that's great news, especially since we are only transferring one embryo! The embryos have now been frozen, and the doctor said the success rate of a frozen transfer vs. a fresh is the same. So now we wait!

1 comment:

  1. Becca, can you message me? On facebook (if you have it) under Katy Perry Brown, or email kap1919 at aol dot com.

    ReplyDelete