Thursday, July 11, 2013

Monitoring Appointment #2

This appointment was last Friday, but I am just getting around to posting about it! So appointment #3 is tomorrow already, but I still wanted to update you on the other one.

So last week's appointment went well and was over with pretty quickly! The blood draw wasn't a whole lot of fun, I think she took the needle out a little too quickly, and on an angle instead of straight out. It hurt and I had a feeling I was going to wind up with a bruise. Sure enough, my right arm STILL has a big gross bruise on it. So I guess tomorrow's blood draw will have to be done in the other arm!

The ultrasound was way better this time than last time. No problem finding my ovaries, and my uterine lining measured 4.05 mm, up from 2.5 mm last week. The IVF clinic called later in the day to tell me that all of my hormone levels were perfect but that my uterine lining was a "teensy weensy bit thinner" than what they would have liked to see after a week on estrogen. She said it was no big deal at all, and that I was the third woman she's spoken to that day who needed a change in her estrogen meds for this reason.


 I thought the change was going to be "Take it three times a day" instead of two.


Silly me.


Instead of taking the pills orally, I'm now supposed to insert them vaginally. Yep. These tiny blue pills that I've been putting in my mouth for the last week, now have to go.....elsewhere. I shared this info with a surrogate friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) and she said, "Is it the blue ones? It's going to look like you did a Smurf."


She was totally right. I've had quite a colorful week. :)



6 comments:

  1. That will make those little blue pills taste a bit different when I pop them today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I feel ya, Morgan! I'm really hoping they don't tell me to switch back tomorrow, because I won't be able to look at those pills the same away again, lol.

      Delete
  2. OMG hilarious!! I love your humor in the blog!! Hope this "smurfing" does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smurfing!! I love it!! That's what I'm calling it from now on. "How do you take your estradiol?" "Oh, I'm Smurfing it."

      Delete