Monday, September 23, 2013

Bisexual Pride Day

Did you know today is the 15th annual International Celebrate Bisexuality Day? I had no idea! There's even a beautiful (and clever) flag! Who knew?! I asked my favorite bisexual about it, and she had no idea either, so that made me feel better. :)



According to Wikipedia, Celebrate Bisexuality Day activist Gigi Raven Wilbur of Texas explained, "Ever since the Stonewall rebellion, the gay and lesbian community has grown in strength and visibility. The bisexual community also has grown in strength but in many ways we are still invisible. I too have been conditioned by society to automatically label a couple walking hand in hand as either straight or gay, depending upon the perceived gender of each person."

So today, on Celebrate Bisexuality Day, we celebrate the "invisible majority!" Be proud of who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment